Promoting Social Inclusion Through Sport
The Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools program is aimed at promoting social inclusion through intentionally planned and implemented activities affecting systems-wide change. With sports as the foundation, the three-component model offers a unique combination of effective activities that equip young people with tools and training to create sports, classroom, and school climates of acceptance. These are school climates where students with disabilities feel welcome and are routinely included in, and feel a part of, all activities, opportunities, and functions.
For more information contact Stephanie Sain, Stephaine@specialolympicsmem.org
For Special Olympics Unified Sports® Implementation
- Unified Sports in Schools
- This provides an overview of the ways Unified Sports can be incorporated into Unified Champion Schools.
- Special Olympics Unified Physical Education Resource
- This contains information that can be used in physical education curriculum.
- Special Olympics Fitness Guide for Schools
- Supporting school-based implementation of Special Olympics Fitness programming.